Cars & Stars Pte Ltd, the owner of www.carsandstars.com.sg, is committed to protecting your privacy and we will demonstrate reasonable care and respect in our treatment of any personal data that we may obtain from you.
Cars & Stars Pte Ltd Personal Data Protection Policy
As an esteemed customer of Cars & Stars Pte Ltd, your privacy is important to us. Therefore, we conduct our business in compliance with the Personal Data Protection Act.
We ask that you read this Personal Data Protection Policy carefully as it contains important information about how and why we collect, use and disclose your personal data.
Cars & Stars Pte Ltd does not collect any personal data about you on our website unless you voluntarily choose to do so. When providing your personal data to us, please ensure that it is accurate and complete.
Your personal data is collected when you use the services offered on our website (the “Services”), enter into a transaction for such services as permitted under the law or provide us with your feedback. However, we will only use or disclose the information collected in the manner described in this Personal Data Protection Policy and/or under the particular terms of the contract governing the transaction that you have entered into with us. By using or transacting the Services or providing us with your feedback, you consent and agree that we may do the foregoing.
Purpose of Use
When you do provide us with your personal data, Cars & Stars Pte Ltd will generally use your personal data to process your request for the services, provide you access to specific information or offers or respond to your feedback.
We do not sell or market your personal data to third parties.
If we wish to collect, use or disclose your personal data for purposes additional to that stated in this Personal Data Protection Policy, we will inform you of the same. We will only collect, use or disclose your personal data for such additional purposes upon your consent.
Cars & Stars Pte Ltd shall collect, use or disclose your personal data only for the purposes disclosed to you unless the disclosure of your personal data is made in the following circumstances:
1. (a) where the disclosure is permitted by you;
2. (b) where the disclosure is permitted and/or pursuant to this Personal Data Protection Policy and/or under the particular terms of the contract governing the transaction that you have entered into with us, and is reasonably appropriate in the circumstances;
(c) where the disclosure is necessary to establish or preserve a legal claim or defence;
3. (d) in the event we believe that you are involved in any illegal or harmful conduct, or if we are required or permitted to do so by law or by regulatory authorities, or if we believe that the disclosure is necessary under the law or to prevent fraud or to protect any personal safety, right or property, we may, at our discretion, disclose your personal data to any appropriate investigative third party; and/or
4. (e) in the event that we employ other companies to provide services for us in connection with the Services or your feedback.
Cars & Stars Pte Ltd has put in place security procedures and technical and organizational measures to protect your personal data against accidental or unlawful destruction, loss, or alteration and against unauthorized disclosure or access.
Please note that Cars & Stars Pte Ltd’s website may contain links to other websites.
Please note that we are not responsible for the personal data policies/practices of such other websites and advise you to read the privacy statements of each website you visit that may collect your personal data.
If you would like a copy of your personal data being held by Cars & Stars Pte Ltd, please approach our Personal Data Protection Officer in person. Please bring along your identification card to fill up an application form and have your particulars verified.
You will also be required to make payment of the following at the point of request:
1. (a) If you are requesting for information on your personal data held by Cars & Stars Pte Ltd, the fees chargeable for the request is S$21.40;
2. (b) If you are requesting for information on your personal data held by Cars & Stars Pte Ltd as well as a copy of such data, the fees chargeable for the request is S$21.40.
We will need 30 working days to process your request for access to your personal data.
If you would like to update or correct your personal data held by Cars & Stars Pte Ltd, please write to us and include the following information:
1. (a) Your full name and NRIC No.;
2. (b) A clear photocopy of your NRIC;
3. (c) Your contact details;
4. (d) Name of our associate or department by whom your personal data was
5. (e) Details of your requested correction.
By providing us with the complete information, we will be able to update or correct your personal data as soon as possible.
Alternatively, you may wish to submit your request by filling up an application form available at our office.
Our Personal Data Protection Officer will confirm the receipt of your request within 7 working days from the date of your request.
Personal Data Protection Officer and Your Feedback
Cars & Stars Pte Ltd has created a Personal Data Protection Management Office to ensure that we comply with the Personal Data Protection Act of Singapore. Our Personal Data Protection Officer is Mr. Ken Siow.
If you have any questions or concerns relating to Cars & Stars Pte Ltd’s policies relating to the Personal Data Protection Act of Singapore, please contact our Personal Data Protection Officer by email or by post:
• Email address: [email protected]
• Postal address: 50 Ubi Ave 1 #01-01/02 Frontier, Singapore 408866
For general queries and feedback relating to Cars & Stars Pte Ltd’s policies, you should expect a reply within 7 working days of us receiving your feedback. For other feedback requiring further investigation and/or evaluation, we will reply within 10 working days of us receiving your feedback.
We regularly review and update our Personal Data Protection Policy. Whenever we update our Personal Data Protection Policy, the latest version will be available on this website.
Please check this page regularly to keep up-to-date with our Personal Data Protection Policy.
Cars & Stars Pte Ltd’s website, www.carsandstars.com.sg, uses “cookies” to help personalize your online experience. A cookie is a text file that is placed on your hard drive by a web page server. Cookies cannot be used to run programs or deliver viruses to your computer. Cookies are uniquely assigned to you, and can only be read by a web server in the domain that issued the cookie to you.
The website uses Google Analytics. Please refer to https://policies.google.com/technologies/partner-sites to find out more about how Google uses data when you use our website and how to control the information sent to Google.
Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can also modify your browser’s setting to block cookies if you prefer. By blocking cookies, not all features and functions of the Cars & Stars Pte Ltd’s website will function as intended, we may not receive/be able to process your requests and some of the transactions/activities may not be completed as a result.